Capitol Skyline Hotel’s pool is a great hang out spot on Saturdays and Sundays. Pool parties are thrown by various organizations. It is a little bit of Vegas in DC. Last Saturday there was an aerialist, food trucks, DJs, pool toys, and lots of people, perfect for people watching. In the morning, you will find some children there, but as the afternoon gets on the pool is filled with the 20s-30s crowd. Click here for information about the Sunday parties.
See you at the pool!
Beaver Dam Swimming Club is about an hour drive from Washington, DC in Cockeysville, MD and is well worth the trip. If you would like to go, plan to spend the day. There are picnic tables, grills, and places to swim. Check the website for hours and prices. http://www.beaverdamswimmingclub.com/
- 1 full size swimming pool with slide
- 1 backyard size swimming pool with wall to separate a kids area (this one over looks the quarry)
- 1 old quarry filled with water and fun water toys
- 1 very awesome rope swing
What to bring:
- Lots of friends. The grounds are huge and there is lots of shade (and sun) for relaxing.
- A big picnic lunch and lots of water. You will need coolers for the food, but there are grills to prepare food. There is a snack bar with some good options but I would tend to rely on the snack bar for an ice cream treat rather than an entire meal.
- The water in the quarry is very deep. Make sure children have proper floatation equipment and adults are comfortable swimming where they can not reach the bottom.
For more information about and posts by Elizabeth, check out the Guest Bloggers page.