What’s a good way to spend a rainy day? Visiting an aquarium. And, if you happen to live in the DC or Baltimore metro areas, the National Aquarium in Baltimore is a MUST VISIT. Tickets are expensive: $29.95 for adults; but, you can sure fill a day with all of the exhibits. You will be able to watch a dolphin show, walk through a cool jelly fish exhibit, explore a “rain forest”, and visit the Australia exhibit. Click here for more information about the National Aquarium in Baltimore, MD.
- Pet stingrays at the Stingray Aquarium
- Feed dolphins at Dolphin Cove
- See One Ocean show featuring Shamu. We were told that we need to get there 30 minutes in advance. However, because there were so few people at the park we really could have arrived right on time and saved the thirty minutes of just sitting.
- See Blue Horizon (the dolphin and bird show)
- Ride Jewels of the Sea Aquarium (I believe the drop is 60 – 75 feet)
- Feed sea lions at Pacific Point Preserve
- Visit Shark Encounter
- Visit the Dolphin Nursery
- Visit Wild Artic (simulator helicopter ride is ok, but you can also just walk to the exhibit)
- Participate in Bands, Brew & BBQ if it is still taking place when you visit. We were able to see country singer Sara Evans, eat great BBQ and drink some beer after a long day of rides, shows, and exhibits.
Aquatica is SeaWorld’s water park. It is across the street and there are shuttles between SeaWorld and Aquatica. You need a ticket specifically for Aquatica to enter. If you are buying tickets for both SeaWorld and Aquatica, check SeaWorld’s website for discounts
All the rides are a lot of fun. The Dolphin Plunge is a MUST DO since you shoot through the dolphin aquarium. DO the lazy river also known as Loggerhead Lane. You can stop off at the Fish Grotto or Commerson’s Dolphin Exhibit. Some of my favorite slides were Tassie’s Twister, where you shoot down to a giant bowl of water and then you shoot down again to the lazy river; and the Whanau Way slides (definite DO), all of which are different and super fun (there were points in the ride where I was flying in the air).