The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2012 annual report for this blog.
Here’s an excerpt:
4,329 films were submitted to the 2012 Cannes Film Festival. This blog had 17,000 views in 2012. If each view were a film, this blog would power 4 Film Festivals
Click here to see the complete report.
There are A LOT of outdoor movie options in and around DC during the summer. Here is a list of a few of the options:
- Screen on the Green, National Mall, July 16-August 6, mainly Mondays (this is my FAVORITE)
- NoMA Summer Screen, L Street, now through August 8, Wednesdays
- Capitol Riverfront, near Navy Yard Metro, now through July 26, Thursdays
- Columbia Heights, Harriet Tubman Elementary Field, July 29 & August 12
- U Street, July 25, August 22, and September 26
To me, the week leading up to the Fourth of July in DC = the Smithsonian Folklife Festival. The Smithsonian holds this festival annually on the National Mall and usually includes three to four topics. Past festivals have included topics like Colombia, Peace Corps, NASA, and “Roots of Virginia Culture.” This year the festival will be held from June 27-July 1 and July 4-8, 2012. The topics of this year’s festival are Campus and Community, Citified, and Creativity and Crisis. The hours are from 11am to 5:30pm. There will be performances (concerts and dancing), food, demonstrations, and more. If you happen to be in DC, visit this festival!