Matt and I only had a few days in Rome, but we were able to see A LOT. Below are some of our MUST SEEs of Rome! And, make sure to stay tuned to CourtneyMara.com for the post containing our full Italy itinerary, which will show how we really saw so much of Italy in just 8 days!
- Visit the Trevi Fountain
- Tour the Colosseum. Book your tickets in advance (DO DO DO). This saves you from waiting in the line that goes on forever! Also, I highly recommend the tickets that include the upper level and dungeons. The photo taken below was from the upper level. You can only go there with a tour. We booked our tickets through TickItaly.com.
- Visit the Vatican. Again, I recommend booking your tickets in advance to skip the huge line and I highly recommend a tour. We bought our tickets through the Vatican’s website.
- Visit the Aventine Key Hole. Amazing view of St. Peter’s Basilica. The picture below is of Matt looking through the key hole.
- Eat, eat and eat. Our favorite restaurants were Pizzeria Baffetto (see below) and Scusati il Ritardo.
- Go inside the Pantheon! It’s free and just incredible.