In 2007, when I was living in Kenya I took a bus to Arusha, Tanzania for a weekend. The bus ride from Nairobi to Arusha is about 3 1/2 – 4 hours. On the ride you will see giraffes walking in the fields and Mt. Kilimanjaro. I spent the weekend with my friends walking around Arusha and visiting a boys orphanage. We also went out at night and shopped the markets. Arusha was a calm, peaceful city. It is a good place to start before a journey to Mt Kilimanjaro. Please take note of visa requirements; visas for U.S. citizens are $100.
- South Africa and Mauritius Itinerary wp.me/p1WFKo-DW 1 week ago
- One Week in London Itinerary wp.me/p1WFKo-Ec 1 week ago
- RT @HuffPostTravel: All the best spots to travel to this month huff.to/1coN2Cy 1 week ago
- Options for a Layover in Johannesburg wp.me/p1WFKo-Eb 1 week ago
- RT @lpolgreen: Details of the planned memorial services for Nelson Mandela will be posted here, SA government says: mandela.gov.za 2 weeks ago