In 2007, when I was living in Kenya I took a bus to Arusha, Tanzania for a weekend. The bus ride from Nairobi to Arusha is about 3 1/2 – 4 hours. On the ride you will see giraffes walking in the fields and Mt. Kilimanjaro. I spent the weekend with my friends walking around Arusha and visiting a boys orphanage. We also went out at night and shopped the markets. Arusha was a calm, peaceful city. It is a good place to start before a journey to Mt Kilimanjaro. Please take note of visa requirements; visas for U.S. citizens are $100.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- Minot, North Dakota wp.me/p1WFKo-Ax 1 month ago
- RT @HuffPostTravel: How to plan your first solo trip huff.to/14YTu0x 1 month ago
- “@lonelyplanet: An insider's guide to driving around Italy ow.ly/jZSkX " This works really well w courtneymara.com/2013/04/01/one… 1 month ago
- 22 days to go until I'm a Mrs! 1 month ago
- "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill #sotrue 1 month ago