To me, the week leading up to the Fourth of July in DC = the Smithsonian Folklife Festival. The Smithsonian holds this festival annually on the National Mall and usually includes three to four topics. Past festivals have included topics like Colombia, Peace Corps, NASA, and “Roots of Virginia Culture.” This year the festival will be held from June 27-July 1 and July 4-8, 2012. The topics of this year’s festival are Campus and Community, Citified, and Creativity and Crisis. The hours are from 11am to 5:30pm. There will be performances (concerts and dancing), food, demonstrations, and more. If you happen to be in DC, visit this festival!
- RT @lpolgreen: Details of the planned memorial services for Nelson Mandela will be posted here, SA government says: mandela.gov.za 8 hours ago
- RT @reThink_Israel: Underwater #photography in the Red Sea yields surreal results #extrememodelling http://t.co/9rwc41BKvo 8 hours ago
- Our Honeymoon to South Africa and Mauritius wp.me/p1WFKo-DQ 4 days ago
- RT @HuffPostTravel: Check off your bucket list without going blowing all your money huff.to/1dv59Gu 1 month ago
- RT @hot995: LOOK: Trick or treating with @BarackObama @TheWhiteHouse! hot995.com/pages/tobyknap… HT: @jeneps ;) 1 month ago