To me, the week leading up to the Fourth of July in DC = the Smithsonian Folklife Festival. The Smithsonian holds this festival annually on the National Mall and usually includes three to four topics. Past festivals have included topics like Colombia, Peace Corps, NASA, and “Roots of Virginia Culture.” This year the festival will be held from June 27-July 1 and July 4-8, 2012. The topics of this year’s festival are Campus and Community, Citified, and Creativity and Crisis. The hours are from 11am to 5:30pm. There will be performances (concerts and dancing), food, demonstrations, and more. If you happen to be in DC, visit this festival!
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- Minot, North Dakota wp.me/p1WFKo-Ax 1 month ago
- RT @HuffPostTravel: How to plan your first solo trip huff.to/14YTu0x 1 month ago
- “@lonelyplanet: An insider's guide to driving around Italy ow.ly/jZSkX " This works really well w courtneymara.com/2013/04/01/one… 1 month ago
- 22 days to go until I'm a Mrs! 1 month ago
- "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill #sotrue 1 month ago