Every spring and fall the White House’s gardens and grounds open to tourists. Tickets are free and are offered on a first-come, first-serve basis. The tickets are timed and are distributed by the National Park Service at the Ellipse Visitor Pavilion the day of the tour. I have had the opportunity to visit the gardens (see photos below) and I believe that is a MUST DO if you are in Washington, DC, the weekend of the gardens and grounds tour. I was unable to find the dates for the 2012 spring tours, but the tours tend to be in April so continue to check online for the 2012 schedule.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- Minot, North Dakota wp.me/p1WFKo-Ax 1 month ago
- RT @HuffPostTravel: How to plan your first solo trip huff.to/14YTu0x 1 month ago
- “@lonelyplanet: An insider's guide to driving around Italy ow.ly/jZSkX " This works really well w courtneymara.com/2013/04/01/one… 1 month ago
- 22 days to go until I'm a Mrs! 1 month ago
- "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill #sotrue 1 month ago