Every spring and fall the White House’s gardens and grounds open to tourists. Tickets are free and are offered on a first-come, first-serve basis. The tickets are timed and are distributed by the National Park Service at the Ellipse Visitor Pavilion the day of the tour. I have had the opportunity to visit the gardens (see photos below) and I believe that is a MUST DO if you are in Washington, DC, the weekend of the gardens and grounds tour. I was unable to find the dates for the 2012 spring tours, but the tours tend to be in April so continue to check online for the 2012 schedule.
- Options for a Layover in Johannesburg wp.me/p1WFKo-Eb 1 hour ago
- RT @lpolgreen: Details of the planned memorial services for Nelson Mandela will be posted here, SA government says: mandela.gov.za 2 days ago
- RT @reThink_Israel: Underwater #photography in the Red Sea yields surreal results #extrememodelling http://t.co/9rwc41BKvo 2 days ago
- Our Honeymoon to South Africa and Mauritius wp.me/p1WFKo-DQ 6 days ago
- RT @HuffPostTravel: Check off your bucket list without going blowing all your money huff.to/1dv59Gu 1 month ago